Changing your name

If you decide to change your name after you are married you will need to send away for the registered marriage certificate.

This is as simple as applying through Births Deaths and Marriages in the state that you were married in. It may take several weeks to come back, but in the meantime, you can start calling yourself by your new name.

I have a checklist that you might find useful for remembering places that you may like to change. It might not have everything that you need, but it is a good start!

Go to the Wedding tab at the top of my webpage and click on downloads at the bottom.

Don’t forget to change your status on Facebook!!!

I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *